Obesity or gaining weight is the most commonly faced issue among all the ages. Worldwide obesity has nearly tripled since 1975 and still progressing at the same pace.
World Health Organization has stated that obesity has grown to epidemic proportions, with over 4 million people dying each year. With these stats, one can feel the real negative intent of obesity on children to adults.
By knowing this, many of us try to overcome this, but what we really lack here is not the tenacity but the proper calorie calculations of our intake.
Consuming high-calorie food may lead to you to turn obese. Being obese is not good for any age as it progresses ill health, and it may also lead women to have complications at the time of pregnancy.
According to the researches, average American intakes less than the required daily fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats.
Also, the researches done by the Trust for America’s Health and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation says that the obesity rate in America will reach up to 44% within 2030.
We can measure obesity by calculating a person’s BMI, also called the Body Mass Index. BMI is a number that we get from height and weight. This number helps us to predict health-related issues.
If you are acquiring a BMI of more than 25, you fall under the overweight column, and if it is more than 30, you are placed under the obese column.
Getting a proper understanding of the calorie intake will help you to reduce your weight substantially, along with maintaining proper immune.
“Obesity is preventable”, But how?
By proper intake of zero-calorie foods! Unclear? Don’t worry, follow the article to know more about zero-calorie foods and how can you make use of them to tackle obesity.
About Zero Calorie Foods
Zero calorie diet means intaking very low food energy. Generally, these VLCD, which means very-low-calorie diets, are 800 kilocalories or less energy consumption per day.
For low-calorie diets fall from 1000 to 1200 kilocalorie each day. We recommend you follow a low-calorie diet than a very low-calorie diet for weight loss.
If you have started dieting and being trained under any professional, the only rule to cut out weight is to do heavy work out and have absolute zero calorie food.
As you are working hard to get in shape, zero-calorie food helps you consume very few calories.
Related Post: 10 Healthy Snacks That Will Keep You Fuller For Long Hours.
Can We Really Lose Weight With Zero Calorie Foods?
Yes! we can. Maintaining a strict diet and avoiding high-calorie food like junk food that includes potato chips, pizza, burgers, and any other oil-rich food items.
Also, beverages that contain high sugar, like soda or coke, can lead to weight gain.
On the other hand, zero-calorie foods are healthy, very less calorie. Even if these zero calorie foods have calories, these are extremely beneficial for your health and are often considered the good calories that will not contribute to obesity.
Zero calorie food can burn the extra calories and help you get in shape and maintain your body balance.
We acknowledge that fast foods can be irresistible, but they are very harmful to your health. In contrast, zero-calorie foods are extremely light with healthy and minimal calorie intake and maintain the balance of calories.
Health Benefits of Zero Calorie Foods
As we have discussed how zero-calorie foods are useful, you will be fascinated to know other amazing benefits of zero-calorie foods. They are as follows:
- You start feeling lively and healthy throughout the day. Healthy calorie includes your longevity of life.
- It also increases your power to do physical activities. With zero calorie foods, you feel more energized to battle day to day challenges.
- Zero-calorie foods keep you happy. You read it right! Obesity can cause depression, and having continuous junk food can lead to a decrease in mental health.
- As zero calorie foods are light, it helps you lighten your mood and make you feel happy as you feel great from inside.
- Zero-calorie foods reduce the rate of having cancer.
- It helps you reduce the early signs of aging if you have developed new signs of aging, which can be reduced by having zero calorie foods.
- Removes any obstacle which comes in the way for you to get pregnant.
Related Post: 12 Ways To Cut Down On Sugar While Dieting.
19 Zero Calorie Foods For Weight Loss
As zero calorie foods have numerous health benefits, it is important to identify low-calorie foods, which will help you cut out on weight.
In this list, we have jotted down 19 low-calorie foods, which work miraculously on weight loss.
1. Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are extremely helpful if you are dieting. This zero-calorie food also helps in maintaining the calorie balance in your body.
- Brussels sprouts are rich in nutrients making it to be a perfect option to add in the priority section of zero-calorie foods. It contains carbs, protein, fiber, Vitamin K, vitamin C, Vitamin A, manganese, and folate.
- Rich in Antioxidants to maintain the balance of oxygen in the body.
- Controls blood sugar levels.
- ALA Omega-3 fatty acids are enriched.
- Drastically reduces inflammation.
Another important item in zero calorie foods has to be celery. Celery is very rich in vitamin C and 12 other antioxidants found in one stalk.
- It is a powerhouse of antioxidants with vitamins like beta carotene, flavonoids, and phytonutrients.
- It helps you to have a better digestive system.
- Very low in glycemic index and rich in minerals.
- Minerals like sodium, iron, and magnesium have a very good effect on neutralizing acidity formation.
- Fights with premature aging.
- It also helps with cardiovascular systems.
When we are talking about zero calorie foods, we cannot miss cucumber. Cucumber works as a storage house for water and promotes weight loss.
- Very helpful for hydration as it is a water-rich substance.
- Storehouse for nutrients like fiber, vitamin c, potassium, magnesium, manganese.
- Helps in lowering blood sugar levels.
- Reduces constipation and promotes regularity.
Cucumber can be eaten as a low-calorie snack after lunch or dinner. Nothing can be better than having the cucumber with peels.
As a root vegetable, the carrot has no match with the other. Its excellent protein values work as a portion of great zero-calorie food. Carrot can be found in many colors, such as orange, yellow, red, and purple.
- Stores calories, very little fat, carbs, and 88% of water make it perfect for weight loss.
- A helpful source for vitamins like vitamin A, biotin, vitamin K1, vitamin B6, and potassium.
- Improves the health of the eyesight.
- The plant compounds like beta carotene, Alpha-carotene, Lutein, and lycopene contribute to a low-calorie food.
Related Post: 15 Drinks For a Better And Glowing Skin.
Grape is a very popular tropical fruit that is enriched in vitamin c. It has a very sweet and sour taste.
It has proven to be very effective for weight loss and contains zero-calorie.
- Grapefruit comprises carbs, vitamin C, vitamin A, Thiamine, Folate, calorie, and protein.
- Boosts your immunity system.
- Works as a shield for battling Diabetes.
- Keeps you hydrated. It also helps to maintain the balance of water that promotes weight loss.
- Stops from building kidney stones, which prevents constipation.
6. Iceberg lettuce
Iceberg lettuce is a very demanding low-calorie food, especially in summers. Due to its high water content, it is proven to be beneficial for weight loss.
- Instead of having bread, you can replace it with Iceberg lettuce as a great weight loss diet.
- Zero cholesterol and fat and stimulates loss of weight.
You can have various iceberg lettuce foods like salad or wrap with cottage cheese and vegetables, making it an excellent low-carb snack.
Kale is one of the amazing items on the list of zero-calorie foods that help reduce weight. It is enriched with all the properties that ensure your weight loss.
Being very low in calories, it plays a significant role in filling your tummy in full.
With the goodness of protein and vitamins, Kale is an excellent food for losing weight. You can simply add Kale in your salad, or you can prepare any healthy dish.
To boost up the nutritional value you can add Kale with smoothies.
Lemon is the age-old method for weight loss. Having a drink of lemon water with a pinch of honey on an empty stomach stimulates weight loss.
- Extremely healthy drink from cleaning your stomach. The more your stomach is clean, the more it will help you to lose weight.
- It helps in hydration when it comes to weight loss.
- It also helps in burning belly fat.
- Excellent source of vitamin C.
- Maintains the proper digestion. It is important to have a proper digestive system to lose weight.
- Removes kidney stones completely.
Consuming two glasses of lemon water can prove extremely healthy.
9. White Mushroom
White mushrooms are fully packed with vitamins, minerals, and proteins extremely helpful for weight loss.
As the white mushroom is considered a vegetable and belongs to a fungi family, its fungal properties are full of nutrition.
Being packed with antioxidants, Mushrooms are a true warrior for fighting cancer. You can often replace meat with mushrooms.
Papaya is a gift from Mother Nature and works magically for weight loss. It is cheap and easily available throughout the year. You can eat papaya raw, or you can also cook it.
If you are fond of fruit salad, do not forget to add small pieces of papaya. It is a juicy fruit and works as a storage for water.
It has very minimum calorie and very high in nutrients, proteins, and minerals which also burn extra fat in your body.
As antioxidants play an important role in reducing weight, papaya increases antioxidants resulting in weight loss.
If you are into a weight loss diet, you can have papaya salad and almond milk for breakfast.
Related Post: Easy To Digest Foods-15 Best Picks For Upset Stomach.
Do you know you can lose your weight with strawberries?
Strawberries work magically for reducing belly fat. So, if you have been ignoring strawberries, you do not have to anymore!
You will find vitamins, fiber, and minerals working effectively to help you to lose weight.
One of the greatest sources of vitamin C has to be strawberries. It has zero cholesterol, antioxidants, and polyphenols.
If you are suffering from a lack of potassium and magnesium in your body, which can be one reason for obesity, strawberries will also fulfill this need.
We are all aware that tomato is a fruit, though we use vegetables.
Leptin is a kind of protein that stops our body from weight loss. Tomato stops the secretion of this protein, which directly helps in weight reduction.
Also, tomatoes are very low in calories. Tomatoes are called an appetite suppressor, and it stuffs your belly with water, fiber, and air.
An average-sized tomato has only 22 calories, and a large tomato has no more than 33 calories.
Green and leafy vegetables are extremely crucial for cutting weight. Spinach is one of the main leafy vegetables that directly involves losing weight.
Having a regular intake of spinach can increase the speed of losing weight and also does not allow gathering fat in the body.
Spinach is extremely high in insoluble fiber that is the primary key for losing weight.
Choose a bowl of spinach over unhealthy drinks and food. It is a commendable combination of riboflavin, vitamin B6, and folate.
As watermelon contains 90 percent of water, it is one of the most valuable fruits for cutting down weight.
- Watermelon contains the amino acid, also known as arginine. Arginine is a vital protein to burn calories.
- Due to full water content, it resolves the dehydration.
- Watermelon cuts out sudden hunger, which leads to obesity.
- Watermelon contains vitamins like A, B-1, vitamin C and B-6, which helps reduce fats.
Related Post: 14 Best Foods That Detox Your Body Instantly.
Zucchini is a summer delight. The Zucchini peels are full of nutrients. It is an amazing source of fiber that helps slow down weight and takes your digestion.
Its high water content has zero calories, which plays a significant role in uprooting obesity.
- One of the main sources of vitamin C.
- Repairs damaged cells.
- Protects the immunity system.
- Contributes to strengthening bones.
- It helps in breaking down sugar in the body. Hence, it controls the sugar level.
- Helps in sound sleep. Getting good sleep helps in reducing weight.
Apple is a terrific fruit in terms of weight loss. Not only it helps in weight reduction, but it also helps in battling Diabetes.
- Extremely popular for low-calorie density. It lowers the density of calories in foods.
- Highly fibers cut extra fat.
- Improves the digestive pattern.
- Having an apple is very filling as it is full of water and fiber.
Beet is also a root vegetable and contains lots of fiber. Having beetroot keeps your belly filled with nutrients that do not trigger sudden hunger.
A cup of beetroot juice is more satisfying than having a coke. It brings the cholesterol level down noticeably.
- Beetroot contains dietary fibers, betanin, nitrates, which helps to flatten your tummy.
- Excellent low-fat morning energy juice.
- Being the main producer of magnesium helps the cleaning bowl system, eventually helping in reducing weight.
- Leucine, also an amino acid, eradicates body weight by speeding protein and flatten muscle mass.
Broccoli is the most famous food and tasty vegetable that is rich in fiber and nutrients. When you add green vegetables in your diet, you have to add broccoli.
- Extremely essential for cholesterol reduction due to rich in fiber.
- Reduces and kind of allergic reaction and inflammation.
- Useful antioxidants like vitamin c, beta-carotenoids, lutein, zeaxanthin, etc. to reduce fat.
- Helps to maintain bone strength and health condition.
- Eliminates constipation and encourages weight loss.
- Greatly used for detoxification.
19. Herbs and spices
Herbs and spices are tremendously useful for preventing weight loss. These are the greatest ways to control calories. Herbs are very useful in stimulating metabolism.
- Used to control hunger.
- Can be added to tea.
- Make you feel healthy.
- Burns body fat.
- Boost metabolism.
- One tablespoon of cumin seed burns fats.
- Adds great flavor to dietary foods.
- Aids digestion and excessive weight gain.
- Increases the rate of metabolism.
- Thermogenic in nature that helps in weight loss.
- Prevents the formation of gas.
- Adding a small amount of cardamom in the food can reduce weight quicker.
We agree that reducing weight can be challenging. With correct will power, proper training, and a proper diet can help to battle this fight.
We have researched these top 19 zero calorie foods, which will help you to reduce weight. We have also mentioned the benefits of zero-calorie foods, which will motivate you to prefer healthy food over junk.
Each of these foods that we have listed has proven results, but natural foods take time to show results. You will learn that each food has its own different nutritional value, but ultimately the results will help you achieve weight loss.
Remember, these foods alone cannot reduce weight if you follow an irregular lifestyle. So, follow a healthy diet and stay lighter and share your experience with us in the comment section.